Say hello to the formidable Missbhaven, who’s proven herself a strong and determined opponent on the track!
In her own words, here are her thoughts on her roller derby experience with PCR so far!
“Let me just preface this with… I hate doing these things, more hated than the dentist or cervical smears. That’s right, I equate doing these things to the equivalent of having my vajay-jay scraped with a popsicle stick.
1. What inspired your derby name and number?
My name? Ask my mom. Or my sister. Or my boyfriend… As for my number, let’s just say, “If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you’ll never learn” – Ray Bradbury
2. What motivated you to join derby?
I was looking for something physical where I could be challenged, and the underground bear wrestling scene just wasn’t doing it for me (people joke that my Game of Thrones character is Brienne of Tarth). When I heard about a sport where you could legitimately crush people, both figuratively and literally, I had to give it a go.
3. What has been your greatest achievement in derby so far?
Making the All Scars squad and representing PCR in the Great Southern Slam last June. It was so great to skate against some top class teams. That, or managing to stay on my feet with a hangover and not throw up.
4. What is your favourite part about having the opportunity to play in a league with your sister Schroding-her?
I’m so glad that she has the chance to repay me for all the horrible things I did to her when we were kids.
5. What is your secret talent? (What would people be surprised to hear about you outside of derby)
This one time, at pagan camp…”